Nose Hill Park Mountains and City Vista deTour
$0 per person
Soak up the expansive Rocky Mountain vistas, City Skyline views and fresh air while exploring Calgary’s biggest park.
DeTourists, please take note …
- This self-guided deTour covers ~9km of easy walking on unpaved, gravel pathways in Nose Hill Park
- Walking is suitable for accompanied children of all ages
- This deTour is well-suited to cycling
- The park is an off-leash area so this location is frequented by dog walkers
- Pack suitable clothing as weather can change at short notice
- Exercise extreme caution on walkways during winter months
- Wildlife alert: be on the lookout and keep your cameras at the ready!
- Health-awareness information is available for this deTour on the “Wellness” tab
Key DeTour Destinations
Click on map icons for more information
Click thumbnail photos for a high-speed virtual deTour
DepartureThis detour circuit starts / ends at the parking lot at 2888 Shaganappi Trail NW
IncludedCameraDay backpackOutdoor clothingOwn transportationPublic washroomsRefreshment stops en routeSuitable footwearSun glassesSunscreenWinter walking hazards
Not IncludedAccommodationChange of clothingDangerous activityDepositEntrance feesIdentification requiredIndoor clothingPermitReservations may be requiredSafety equipmentSouvenir shopping
2888 Shaganappi Trail NW Parking Lot
Rocky Mountain vista views
Soak up the vast Rocky Mountain vistas from the Park
Downtown birds-eye views
Enjoy the birds-eye Downtown skyline views from the southern ridge of the Park.
"Friends" Cappuccino Bar and Bake Shop
You will want to drop in at this local gem to "fuel up" with a take-out or dine-in snack before or after your scenic Nose Hill Park detour. The destination is within easy walking or driving distance from the Nose Hill car park.
Heath-awareness information for this deTour
|Your body weight|
|lb.||kg||est. calories burnt|